Based on the proven and widely celebrated Why You Hurt: Pain Neuroscience Education System by Adriaan Louw, PT, PhD, CSMT, PNE+ is a progressive and personalized program designed to help physical therapists reduce patients’ Pain Catastrophizing Score — improving how they feel and how they function.
- Based on the strategy within the biopsychosocial model of care for individuals with chronic pain.
- Includes stress resilience, non-reactivity, and emotion regulation skill building
- Mindfulness strategies, calming environments and deep-breathing exercises help activate and calm the patient’s parasympathetic nervous system — the most effective way to break the cycle of chronic pain.
- Extends the brain’s capacity to receive formative information and achieve true change.
- Visually and emotionally powerful content engages the brain’s cognitive, emotional, and physical learning and response centers.
- Decreased pain, disability, fear avoidance and pain catastrophizing.
- “Best evidence” treatment for persistent and chronic pain.
- Learn from Evidence in Motion and Dr. Adriaan Louw.
- Flexible, asynchronous use possibilities.
- Improved patient outcomes.
- More productive sessions and improved patient outcomes.
- Reduces effort required by the clinician, supporting resiliency to calcification at the end of a long day.
- Increased visit duration and engagement.
- Better retention and referrals for PT practices.
Developed in collaboration with Evidence In Motion.
Get certified to teach Pain Neuroscience Education in VR.
Let’s Start a Conversation.
If you’re ready to start your mental health journey, we’re ready to help you begin.